Market overview – A modest start for the year, with a rise of 1.47% for the FTSE World Index.
- UK – Economy continues to grow with GDP up 0.6% in the final quarter of 2016.
- Europe – Starts the year with improved sentiment.
- US – The Dow Jones of 30 leading US companies has made 19 new highs since the Presidential election.
- Japan – A weak Yen should boost Japanese exports…
- Emerging Markets – After a good year in 2016 emerging markets may face challenges.
The Commentary also contains the CAERUS Sentiment Indicator, which provides a very clear ‘dashboard’ of dials showing current sentiment towards the leading asset classes.