Part of Quilter Financial Planning, an award winning UK network of advisers
Would a DB pension transfer be right for you? You may benefit from the increased flexibility around taking tax free cash and income, as well as improved death benefits.
Looking for more general pension advice on switching or combining your pensions? Go to our Pension Switch Advice page.
New rules on Defined Benefit (DB) pension transfer fees changed from 1st October, 2020. We will now only offer advice on DB pension transfers if you are a resident of the UK and you fulfil one of the criteria listed here:
1. You are within 12 months of retiring and need to draw income for retirement support.
2. You have serious ill health or are in extreme financial difficulty with no other practical solution.
3. You wish to purchase a commercial property within a SIPP, to support your own existing profitable business.
4. Your DB pension scheme is superfluous to your income needs and a transfer is for the purpose of succession planning.
Free initial guidance over the phone*
To speak with one of our pension transfer specialists
call us on 0141 352 7800
or fill out the contact form below
Transferring out of a Defined Benefit scheme is unlikely to be in the best interests of most people.
The value of pensions and the income they produce can fall as well as rise. You may get back less than you invested.
Member of Quilter Financial Planning, the UK’s no.1 advice network (Financial Times top 100 Adviser Awards 2020 & 2019)
Free initial guidance* over the ‘phone, at a time to suit you
Experienced, friendly professionals offering advice tailored to your specific circumstances
We cover the whole of Scotland, Northern Ireland as well as the rest of the UK
* Any work you ask us to carry out as a result of this meeting will be fee based.
New Non-Contingent Charging For Defined Benefit Pension Transfers
Defined Benefit Pension Self-Triage Client Guide