Whole of market mortgages from experienced advisers
In today’s competitive marketplace lenders are constantly reviewing and changing the range of mortgages on offer. And with a wide range of interest rate options, the benefits to you are dependent upon your personal circumstances, as well as the economic climate at the time the loan is taken out. Looking for a mortgage is not as simple as finding the lender with the cheapest interest rate, or premium.
That’s why we review all the key factors that affect the cost to you, as well as carrying out a thorough fact-find to help clarify your financial situation, before providing a recommendation.
Our mortgage advisers are friendly, experienced and act quickly to find the right mortgage to suit your needs.
Where we can help
- Save you money – by carrying out a comprehensive review of all key factors that affect the real cost to you.
- Save you time and money – by only approaching those lenders offering solutions most appropriate to your needs.
- Structuring the term of your borrowing taking into account age, objectives and retirement plans.
- Understanding the risks associated with repayment or interest-only mortgages.
- Reviewing your existing provisions and recommending new solutions, if necessary.
- Place your insurance in the right name, ownership and trust, so that your beneficiaries don’t pay too much tax when they inherit your estate.
- Review your mortgage – if you’re not locked into your mortgage you should review your deal regularly as new products come onto the market all the time.
Other key considerations
Taking out a mortgage, or associated protection cover, is not as straightforward as simply going for the cheapest rate or premium. Other key areas to take into consideration are:
- Are there any arrangement, booking or valuation fees to pay?
- Interest rate rises – have you taken into account how an interest rate rise might affect your mortgage?
- Early repayment charges – should you want to partially or fully repay your mortgage
- Portability – can you transfer your mortgage onto a new property should you want to move?
- Fixed rate – would you benefit by fixing the interest rate with the lender for a set period?
- Annual percentage rate (APR) – this reflects the mortgage rate, plus other charges, giving you the real cost of borrowing the loan.
- How flexible is your deal? Can you overpay, take a break from paying, or switch repayment types, or do these incur charges?
- How often the lender calculates and adds on interest to your loan may also affect the cost.
"helpful and professional...excellent service.."
Specialist Mortgage Advice
We can help with complex prime, self-build, and overseas lending. If you require a commercial loan, secured loan, bridging finance or asset finance, we can refer you to our specialist lenders.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or any other debt secured on it. Think carefully before securing any other debts against your home.
The Financial Conduct Authority do not regulate commercial loans or buy to let mortgages.
Get in touch
We always offer a free, no-obligation initial consultation over the phone or face to face (Covid restrictions allowing) to see if we can help*.
If you’d like to arrange a consultation, or have any questions at all, please get in touch with us on 0141 352 7800
or click on the ‘Contact Us Form’ link below.
*Any work you ask us to carry out as a result of this meeting will be fee based.